Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Naeem vs Ain

Those are the names of my previous and current workplace respectively.

I know it's too early to judge, but so far alhamdulillah, I like my current job, despite the horror of being exposed to the office politics as early as my first day of work. (can you believe it!). I learnt a valuable lesson that there are always two sides of a story and neither one of them may seem right to you. We have to judge, but at the same time we have to refrain ourselves from being too judgemental (how's that for a new worker!).


The situation was so bad that I was even considering to quit after only a week. I am grateful to have 'elder friends' who could provide sound advice and got me into looking at things from different perspectives. The best thing was, all of them did not force answers down my throat. They asked me to THINK POSITIVE instead.


That may sound cliche, but when I did put it into practice, I felt that it was very powerful. How we look at the events in our life is very much dependant on our state of MIND. And the good thing is, we can CONTROL our mind.


If I allow myself to feel overwhelmed by the 'horror' stories that I heard about my new workplace, I may CHOOSE to give up, quit and find another job.


If I allow myself to relax and be cool about things, I may CHOOSE to face the situation and think positively that my experience can possibly be different from what other people had gone through.


Open your mind, you're a positive thinker


Open your heart, you'll comunicate better


Open your arms, and you're a peacemaker


(I can't resist the next made-up verse!)


Open your mouth, oi! nak lalat masuk kee...??!


Crap? Lame?


Well, but I'm going to think positive and say that it's the most wonderful poetic verse I have ever written :)


p/s: Finally! CKin2U for me - and him! A sweet surprise~




~to cross the line might be the way across~

No comments: