Thursday, August 23, 2007

These Advantaged Families

This is such a random entry. It's been quite some time since I last blogged, reason being I just can't come up with a reason to blog. hehe

Work's taking up most of my time, as usual. Not that I'm complaining. I love this job so far. Maybe I'll just update on what I'm currently doing at my workplace.

1) I've been coordinating upgrading courses for my clients, with the hope that they'll be employed or even get better employment once they acquire the relevant skills.

2) Ain Society has just launched the telepol for our donation drive. It has been chosen to be Warna 94.2fm's adopted charity. Part of the donation campaign is getting our clients to go on air and share their experience being helped by the agency. I admit that I was a bit 'jakun' when it comes to my first time to be in a radio station's conty. Seeing the DJ in action made me realize that this is just another job and nothing glamorous as we might have thought. It's hard work and it's about earning a decent living, albeit the popularity gained.

It was particularly satisfying, when last Friday I managed to get a client whom I've outreached to, to share her experience on air. She's suffering from Thalasemia Major and her child has learning difficulties. I admire her sincerity and determination to help Ain Society although we had only reached out to her a few weeks ago. Nevertheless, we are committed to help her family, especially pertaining to her children's education needs.

Interacting with these disadvantaged families is very enriching as I get to see real life situations, which I could never imagine happening to me. All the horror stories I read in the papers or watch at TV come to life. Dealing with them is never an easy task as it involves mulit-faceated issues and problems.

I have to remind myself all the time not to be too judgemental towards these people. You might be surprised that some of them do really want to change. It may take time, but they are willing to try. They merely need support and guidance along the way.

I always believe that there's a good side of self in everyone.

~to cross the line might be the way across~

No comments: