Friday, November 16, 2007

Let's Celebrate HappYNess!!

Initially, I intend to update this blog bwith another entry on questions that have been bugging me, my confusions, complaints, worry, feeling of unfairness & helplessness and so on. I think being in my profession, we kind of get used to problems and pathologies in life that a slight ray of hope is regarded with awe. Everything that happens in life is scrutinized for even grains of imperfections; as if we need the constant reminder that life is full of flaws.

So then I decided to write an entry on a more positive note. As the entry title suggests, let's just embrace happiness and make a list of all the happy things that have been happening in my life ;)

1) Attended a Loss & Grief Counselling Workshop (so much for embracing happiness! hehe) with fellow colleagues, Zai & Asfi. What I enjoyed most was having to attend the course with both of them, because even though we have been staffs of Ain Society for a few months now, there wasn't much opportunity to mingle with each other as they work at our Youth Centre in Bukit Batok whereas I am attached at our HQ in Joo Chiat ;)

The workshop contents were enriching as it gave an insight to understanding bereaved children & adolescents who are going through the process of grief as a result from loss or trauma. It is important to note that when a person lost a significant other in his/her life, whether by means of death, separation, adoption etc. it is never about 'letting it go' and 'moving on with life'. It is about living WITH the painful experience and how a person makes meaning out of it. It is also about acknowledging the person's grief and providing a space for him/her to grief properly. How beautiful.... :)

2) Received a gift from Sis Yati ;) She just came back from a visit to US and generously bought an original COACH purse for me! hehe;) Not that Im a big fan of COACH or any other designer brands, but owning one certainly makes me happy! hehe

3) Started my second attempt at driving...yippee! ;) But I was very nervous after 2 years of not being behind the wheels and it doesn't really help that I decided on 1 1/2 hrs for my first lesson haha. My feet nearly gave up on me after the tedious 'half-clutch position' and finding that 'biting point' hehe;) Ooopss! I'm not supposed to complain rite? :P

4) Managed to convince someone that it might not be wise to own a car yet. hehe;) Disagreeing in a subtle manner really knocked some sense into the person. heheh;) sorry dear~ ;)

5) WE have BIG plans. In the midst of discussion, we were quite surprised by the positive responses from the elders. We certainly hope that everything goes smoothly as planned ;)


Till then,

Happy being HAPPY to all!! *winks*

~to cross the line might be the way across~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

big planss huh? huhu.. remember to jempot okehs.