Wednesday, September 24, 2008

4 months ago...

It has been 4 months since I updated my blog...no reason, simply too lazy to update :)

A lot of things happened during the past 4 months...unfortunately, I can't recall all hehe

1 major change which took place was on my job designation. I was recently appointed as the Centre Manager (Internal) for BBE Gen-Y Youth Hub. It's definitely a huge responsibility..but the funny thing is, when I was informed about it, I'm more concerned over how my other colleagues may feel.

There are only 4 of us who run the daily operation of the Centre. Besides me, another female colleague has been there since last year, compared to me who only started early this year. A male colleague is a veteran in social service, while the other is a NUS graduate in Social Work.

But alhamdulillah, they've been giving me their full support and I really hope the team can work well together. For the benefit of the youths. Banyak benda nak tighten up at the Centre and it's a very challenging task. I hope the passion and love that we feel for the youths will keep us going strong.

Eid is coming. This year it's gonna be extra special as it'll be first time celebrating it with my fiance :) Can't wait to go visiting with our respective families. This year it's silver/black for us...a colour he's been wanting both of us to wear as a couple.. :p

Wedding preparation is on it's way. My worry: money. hehe. Banyak belanja beb! We are trying to save here and there (finally realize that we need to forego the idea of renting an RX8 as our wedding car! haha). Might as well splurge the money on our honeymoon instead haha.

But seriously, we have to plan the budget thoroughly to avoid future headache. Wedding package, reception, invitation cards, berkat, cameraman, videoman, stuntman..(hehe!) ni semua pakai duit. Belum masuk hantaran, kendarat, kompang, deejay...kalau takde $15k jgn haraplah nak kawen. ;)

I do envy lavish weddings and tempted to have one. I often have to stop myself and fikirkan keperluan and kemampuan. Yeah, I know it's once in a lifetime event.... *sigh*

However, my greatest hope is for the marriage to last. Nothing beats that.

~to cross the line might be the way across~

No comments: