Saturday, February 23, 2008

Unwind?

I'm dead tired...

Last Thursday, had last minute assignment to accompany BBE Gen-Y youths to the Padang for the final countdown to the announcement of country host for YOG 2010. I had to go with another colleague, Zai. We vowed to stay up till the announcement and will then make our move. It's up to the youths if they want to stay longer. We hated crowded place, we say. And we just hate it being a last minute assignment. haha:p

But, once we were there, we were soon absorbed into the atmosphere! Can't stop cheering and shouting and making lots of noizes - it was so contagious. We even felt very nervous, seconds before the announcement was made; padahal macam lah pernah ikut perkembangan ;) I didn't even know 9 countries actually participated in the bidding hehe;)

And when "SINGAPORE!!" was announced, we jumped up from our seat and start to shout hysterically hahah:) (mati kalau our boss nampak! tak sopan langsung!)

We ended up, not only staying till the end of the whole event, but also had dinner with the youths :p we just felt like celebrating... ;)

I woke up the next day with bodyaches, sore throat and a slight fever :(

Tapi ku gagahkan diri jugak pergi kerja, coz on that day some of the youths are scheduled to register for their N level class. Me and Zai (again! hehe u might wonder: "staff Ain Society ni dua orang je ke??" :p ) accompanied the students to BMC Academy @ Jurong East. Personally, I really look forward to this. Getting these kids back to school, even though it's a private education.

BMC, out of their goodwill, is willing to sponsor 20 students for the N level class at both Jurong and Tampines branch. We were so grateful of that, and I had even made prior arrangement and segregration of the students.

However, during registration, lain pulak ceritanya. I have to take out 4 students (who are supposed to sign up at Jurong) to be enrolled at Ang Mo Kio branch. The problem is, most of the students are staying in Jurong area and I've already 'sacrificed' those staying in the north, i.e sembawang and woodlands to go to Tampines. I questioned the officer in charge and explained to her about the earlier arrangment that has been agreed on. I suggested that she check with the Principal, whom i've liaised with all the while.

It broke my heart when I was informed that the Principal said that "No choice. the students have to go to AMK." Their reason: Jurong can't accommmodate any more of our students as they also have walk-in students (who pay!) who wants to enrol with BMC.

At first, I was quite pissed off at the administration glitch. I mean, it was confirmed just the night before that 12 students will register at Jurong! Then, I was saddened by how we were somewhat given a 2nd class treatment just because we don't pay a single cent. So kira dapat free, jadi tak boleh banyak cakaplah...ikut aja~ haiz....

Terpaksa pujuk the students...nasib baik ada yg volunteer to be transferred to AMK, and none of them made a big fuss...

I just hope all of them could study well.... :)

After the registration was settled, we walked all the way to IMM to buy some stuff for our Youth Hub. God...it was so far, and the heat was scorching!

Was very tired once we returned to the Youth Hub...and that was when I was told that I had to conduct a group counselling session that night. God! I felt like screaming. And it didnt help that during the session, one of the participants gave me the kind of look which said: "Hey girl, who are you to give us advice? We eat salt before you, you know??" haha

And I took the bus home and there was a massive jam at PIE. Shucks~

By the time I got home, I was already feverish and went to sleep early.

Woke up the next day and alhamduillah felt well enough to attent to the day's agenda - An outing with some of the youths at Escape Theme Park ;) 3 hari berturut-turut bawak budak2 ni keluar... :p

But we had loads of fun...cuma yg tak best nye, biasalah kan...the motion sickness hit me and as usual, i threw up. Tak pernah tak muntah kalau pergi Escape ni :)

I'm tired...but I enjoyed it....

ohh yeah...and tomorrow, a whole day of giving tuition...haiz, cari duit extra lah katakan.... :)



~to cross the line might be the way across~

No comments: